My Teaching Philosophy
Why do I want to teach? There are many reasons that people go in to teaching. As I was going through school I felt like every other kid, I hated the homework and the learning. When I went to college, that mindset changed. I realized I hadn't been taught things I should've been taught. I felt like I wasn't prepared for college like I should have been. When I applied for the Education program I applied with the mindset that every child deserves to learn, and I wanted to find the way that would help each individual learn to the best of their abilities.
I grew up with my cousin who was diagnosed with an intellectual disability. My family is very close so I spent a lot of time with him. He grabbed at my heart from little on. Throughout High School I spent time with some of the students who had special needs at my school. They, like my cousin, grabbed at my heart. They are all extremely smart and capable of so many things. I want to help those students find ways to be able to show how great they can be, I want to help them express what they cannot always express, and further more I want to help them learn the best that they can.
I grew up with my cousin who was diagnosed with an intellectual disability. My family is very close so I spent a lot of time with him. He grabbed at my heart from little on. Throughout High School I spent time with some of the students who had special needs at my school. They, like my cousin, grabbed at my heart. They are all extremely smart and capable of so many things. I want to help those students find ways to be able to show how great they can be, I want to help them express what they cannot always express, and further more I want to help them learn the best that they can.
You seem very passionate about teaching students with disabilities, and I am confident that your dedication will make you a great teacher! I really like your positive attitude and determination to find ways to help students learn and show their abilities. How old is your cousin?
ReplyDelete