This blog caught my attention as soon as I typed in Special Education on edutopia.org. Although this blog has only one post I was very intrigued by the title of it, The ultimate guide to assistive technology for students with special needs. This post gives you ideas for all different subjects for which you can use assistive technology with you students. Listening, memory, and organization, math, reading, and writing. As a new teacher who doesn't have much experience with assistive instructional technology I would definitely turn to this site for simple ideas that I could use with my students. This post was extremely detailed and informative. It gave great details and examples for what you could do for each subject. I would recommend this post to my teacher friends who are looking for simple ideas to use with their students as well.
I too have not had much experience using assistive technology in the classroom. I like the idea of using simple ideas for students which this site has to offer. Nice find for the classroom!
ReplyDelete